Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Finally some tight at the end of the tunnel

Yesterday morning (Monday) was the first time this winter that I have been able to notice even the slightest hint of daylight in the sky on my way to work. I get off the bus in front of my building complex right at 6:30 a.m. and ususally the sky is quite dark with only street lighting, but on Monday I could actually see some pre-dawn glow in the eastern sky. It will still be some time before I am actually going to see some sun in the sky at that hour, but that little hint of light was a welcome relief from the long Seattle winter nights.

You might be wondering why I take the bus at 6:30 a.m. That's an easy question to answer: because there isn't an earlier bus. I'd rather get started at work at 6:00 a.m., but the earliest bus from downtown Bellevue, WA leaves at 6:05 a.m. for a 25-minute ride.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home