Monday, June 04, 2007

The iPhone is coming in only 26 days

I don't think there is anybody who isn't excited to see the arrival of the new Apple iPhone on June 29, 2007. Especially competitors who want to see how high the bar has been raised. People everywhere are chattering about how well all of the features will or won't work in this "version 1" of a new product line.

There is one thing that I can absolutely assure you about the iPhone: I will not be getting one. Not because I wouldn't want one, but simply because it is way too expensive, starting at $499. And, even if it was free, you still have a two-year contract at some unspecified rate, including the data plan.

At $500 to $600, the iPhone is priced well above most Windows Mobile smartphones.

Nevertheless, I can't wait to see one in the "flesh."

I have no doubt that it will be a very successful product, but I have my traditional complaint about Apple computers which I can transfer to their iPhone: Why won't Apple build a smartphone that I would buy? Maybe Apple "gets it", but I won't be able to get it. Sigh.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home