Sunday, December 30, 2007

Visit New Orleans

The thought of visiting New Orleans keeps popping into my head. Not to go strictly as a tourist looking for "good times" and the "old" New Orleans, but to see how the rebuilding process is going and to see how the city and its neighborhoods are evolving.

Alas, I am too busy at work and my budget is too constrained to pursue such a visit right now, but it is something I will consider in the future.

I am also wondering what the cost of living is like and whether investing in a condo or house or simply some property might be an interesting retirement option.

I think the last time I visited was in 1986, but I do recall attending the 1984 World's Fair in New Orleans and seeing the space shuttle Enterprise (prototype that never flew), the actual African Queen boat from the movie (and seeing the movie on TV the night before), and eating lots of Gulf oysters.

Oddly, New Orleans never pops into my mind when I try to think of places to visit, but it truly is one of the special destinations in the U.S. and deserves to by high up on the all-time list of places to visit.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home