Sunday, November 02, 2008

Oops... I missed daylight saving time

I use my vintage 2001 Sony Clie PDA as an alarm clock, causing me to miss the Fall transition from Daylight Saving Time to Standard Time. I needed to manually toggle the DST indicator on my PDA and simply had not seen any mention of DST in the past week since I was spending so much time focused on work, financial news, and political news. I did not even notice the transition until I booted my PC and noticed the correct time. I am still running Windows XP, but Service Pack 3 has all of the goodies to automatically transition for DST.

I was getting rather depressed by it being dark at 7:00 a.m. anyway. I would prefer to wake up with the sun, but I also prefer to get up reasonably early.

I suppose I need to start thinking of upgrading from this old PDA that I also carry around as a watch replacement. I am one of those few people who do not have a cell phone (simply because I do not want or need one). But my budget for electronic "gizmos" is $0 until I recover from the expense of moving to New York City back in May, as well as not having much work from the middle of August until the last week of October.

I am still having trouble having trouble adjusting to the fact that it is November already.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home