Sunday, February 01, 2009

Watch the original Star Trek TV episodes online

For the past couple of months I have been watching the original Star Trek TV episodes online at the CBS Web site. I am currently about halfway through the second season (of three.)

It is a strange experience. I watched the original only in black and white. Now, I see all of the colors and in higher resolution. The downside is that you see all of the blemishes and tackiness of the sets. Back then (1967), the computer display technology really was "futuristic", but now it seems so quaint and anachronistic.

I have also run into a couple of references to "the 1990's" and "the early 2000's" as if some far out technological or social advances had occurred in those periods (30 to 40 years in the future from the original series), but clearly have not happened, yet.

There is also the philosophical angle. Most of the episodes had some philosophy angle which I couldn't have cared less about back in the 1960's, but are now more interesting since I am more interested in philosophy.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home