Sunday, March 01, 2009

Made my Kiva micro-loan for the month of March

I just realized that it is a new month, so I went ahead and made a new micro-loan through Kiva for the month of March. My intention is to make a new micro-loan every month, in large part from repayments for past micro-loans.

This one was for a woman (married with three children) in Atakpame, Togo who is a retailer of cereals (maize, millets, beans, and peanuts) for ten years now, to expand her business. It is a 20-month micro-loan for a total of $1,175, of which I lent $25. Its first repayment is scheduled for May 15, 2009. The micro-loan was already disbursed to her on February 19, 2009 by the local partner. Kiva is raising funds to essentially buy that loan from the local partner.

Here is my Kiva public lender page: http://www.kiva.org/lender/JackKrupansky

Note: This is all real and good, but these micro-loans do not net any interest to us micro-lenders.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home