Saturday, June 20, 2009

Withdrew 60% of my Kiva funding

I went ahead and withdrew 60% of my Kiva micro-lending funding (back to my PayPal account). I intend to keep the remaining 40% in Kiva and reinvest in new Kiva loans as repayments come in.

I have been quite happy with Kiva, other than the one limitation that there is no interest paid on my investments. If they paid even a modest level of interest, say 1-2%, I would happily invest A LOT MORE in Kiva. A 2% return would cover most defaults and make Kiva investment money self-sustaining.

I may move the money over to Lending Club, or I may park it over at SmartyPig.com where it can earn 3.05% APY.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home