Saturday, November 25, 2006

No semi-cheap hotel rooms for New Years Eve weekend in New York City

I made two more attempts to use Priceline to try to get a hotel room for New Years Eve for my two-week trip to New York City at the end of the year. On Thursday I made seven bids that "proved" that I couldn't get a room in Manhattan for $175 or less (or $160 for even a 1-star "hotel"). Today I made seven bids that "proved" that I couldn't get a 3-star hotel room for $200 in midtown Manhattan or even a 2-1/2-star room for $180 anywhere in Manhattan.

On my next "pass" I'll try $200 for a 3-star in midtown west (I forgot that area this time), and then $220 for a 3-star in the rest of Manhattan.

I am still prepared to bid up to $300, but I am reluctant to leave very much money on the table.

Travelocity shows me a Holiday Inn Express in Manhattan for $371 on each of the two nights (Saturday and Sunday). Priceline shows the Ramada Inn East Side (1-star) for $269, the Ramada Plaza New Yorker (2-star) for $299, the La Quinta Inn (3-star???) for $304, the Comfort Inn Chelsea (2-star) for $329, The Roosevelt (3-star) for $329, Holiday Inn Express (2-1/2-star) for $370, and my preferred Millenium UN Plaza (3-star) for $429.

I plan on holding off my bidding for the other nights of my two-week stay until after my credit card statement date of 12/10 so that I don't have to pay until February. I'll also have to decide which nights I might stay in Atlantic City.

-- Jack Krupansky

3 Comments:

At 4:47 AM , Anonymous Cheap accommodation nz from Travelocity said...

One thing that would be necessary to do is plan the trip in advance so that way you always get better benefits and you always shave better advantages and get be presented with super deals.

 
At 2:44 AM , Anonymous Hotels in Manali said...

Wow! A great blog to read. It was nice reading it.

 
At 3:40 AM , Anonymous Luxury Hotels in Manali said...

It was nice reading it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home