Tuesday, January 01, 2008

First BIG snow in New Hampshire

I used to think of the people of New Hampshire as hard-core, prototypical Yankees, but I guess that was a long time ago. I myself lived in New Hampshire as recently as 1997. But these days... I read on The Old Farmer's Almanac web site that:

Our first BIG snow here in Dublin [, NH] arrived on Tuesday, November 20, 2007. Two inches of snow covered our parking lot and stuck for 24 hours.

BIG snow? Two inches??!! You have to be kidding me. That would be a BIG snow in Florida, but in New England, or at least the OLD New England, two inches would not even count as "snow." We would call it a "flurry."

OTOH, maybe with "Global Warming and Climate Change", even one inch of snow would constitute a major snow storm.

BTW, here is the image from their webcam:

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home