Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Work in Silicon Valley?

I love living in New York City (Manhattan), but there just are not very many interesting technology opportunities for somebody like me compared to the San Francisco Bay Area. I have visited Silicon Valley a few times, but I have never found it to be an appealing place to live. San Francisco proper is a lot more appealing, but still not as high-energy and diverse as New York City.

I have actually done very little work for clients here in New York City, but usually am working from home and living here because I like to live here.

Nonetheless, I am wondering whether the current economic climate may be easier to navigate if I were resident in the Bay Area. The hard part is that I do not know the answer and maybe won't unless I actually make the leap.

It is also possible that I could go bi-coastal and have an apartment or room in the Bay Area as well as New York City and commute as needed or desired. The downside would be that I would need to work more hours and/or at a higher rate to cover the extra expenses.

In any case, at least it is something to think about.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home