Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ted Kennedy is gone?

Time is certainly marching on. The oldtimers are dropping like flies. Is this fate telling us that they are no longer needed or a warning to the rest of us that we need to get our collective acts together? Probably the latter.

I was never a great fan of Ted's, but he did deserve a lot of respect for his public service.

I never met him personally, but I did see him a few times.

Back in the early 1980's I was working at Wang Loaboraties in Lowell, MA. Ted was on the board of directors since Wang was a big deal in Massachusetts at the time. I remember looking out the window and seeing Ted get out of his limo on one of his visits to the company.

I once saw Ted in a Senate hallway while walking to the public Senate Gallery. He was talking to some kids.

And once I saw him in a fancy seafood restaurant in downtown Washington, DC.

I wanted to check a detail on his Wikipedia page, but boy was I surprised how mean and viciously his page has been hacked. It is currently completely unusable. Oops... I just checked again and it has been restored, but maybe not for long. These idiots have no sense of decency or limit to their idiocy.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home