Saturday, June 30, 2007

The iWhat?

Thankfully, the hyper-hype over the "coming" iPhone from Apple is now all behind us after the introduction of the iPhone last night. Sure, we'll hear a lot more about it in the coming weeks, but the shrill pitches about how wonderful it was "going" to be are now all behind us.

I'll wander by the local Apple store at the Bellevue Square mall here in downtown Bellevue, WA in a little while to see if I can sense any real "sea change" in store traffic, but I don't expect much. I strongly suspect that all of the diehard Apple gadget geek technosexuals sated themselves last night, but we'll see.

Personally, I wouldn't even want an iPhone if they gave it to me... at a minimum 2-year service contract of $59.99, that's over $1,400. Way outside my budget.

I'm quite sure that the iPhone will be a very successful product for Apple and that the gadget geek technosexuals will find it to be a thoroughly satisfying experience, but that's a different world than the one I live in.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home