Saturday, January 05, 2008

There Will Be Fraud

I had been looking forward to seeing There Will Be Blood, the new movie starring Daniel Day-Lewis, but it still isn't widely shown here in the Bellevue, WA area. It is very strange that such an "acclaimed" movie would be "released" in 2007, but not be generally shown even two weekends later. Yes, it is being shown at two theaters in Seattle, but not in any theaters in the suburbs around Seattle, where I live. If it has only "limited release" at the end of the year then it should not be considered to have been released in that year. I consider this a form of fraud. I now suspect that there may be unspecified "problems" with the movie that are preventing a true "general" release and that it is probably in fact grossly overrated. In fact, I am always suspicious of movies that claim "critical acclaim." I am now considering boycotting this movie whenever it does eventually make it to a general release.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home