Friday, December 19, 2008

My guess as to what "Seven Pounds" is all about -- Spoiler??

I have seen the trailer for Seven Pounds, the new Will Smith movie, but I am just as clueless as anybody else what it is all about. I will probably go see it just out of curiosity.

As far as its meaning, it was rather clear from the trailer that it is about redemption. My guess is that Will is going to donate his vital organs to seven selected recipients, "strangers." My guess is that seven pounds is the weight of his heart, lungs, kidneys, eyes, etc. that he will be donating to redeem some horrible mistake he made earlier in his life.

Even if this is the case, the remaining big question is whether he is dying of some pre-existing ailment or whether he is actually going to commit suicide to make the organs available.

If my suspicion is right, this means that they put a little too much detail in the trailer. Like the fact that there are seven strangers, the fact that he is making up for some terrible mistake, the fact that one of the strangers that he is going to "help" is blind, and the fact that his friend who is going to "help" him in his quest for redemption virtually begs to get out of the deal that he agreed to.

I will not post any details that I get from actually seeing the movie, but I may post simply whether my suspicion was correct or not.

Or, maybe the movie is all one big cynical Hollywood joke and all that happens is that Will gives each of the seven strangers one pounds of chocolate candies for Christmas!

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home