Saturday, December 23, 2006

Weather in New York City not so bad now

The weather here in Manhattan seems to be clearing up a bit. The rain has stopped and the weather radar shows that the weather system has moved out of the area, with nothing behind it. It is heavy overcast and very humid, but workable for me to do my usual walk around lower Manhattan (29th Street and below).

I got lucky yesterday. There were a very few sprinkles during the day and mostly I simply carried my umbrella folded up. Only in the evening, sometime after I got back to my hotel at 5:30 p.m. did the steady rain start to come down. It made walking to dinner (at Novita, a Modern Italian restaurant, on 22nd just off Park Ave) a mess, but no big deal for such a short period of time outside. Besides, it gave the city a dark and sinister Blade Runner kind of mood. I noticed some "clubs" on 22nd with no names but people standing in line in the rain, some without umbrellas. People in New York are really serious about clubs.

The weather forecast shows sunshine at 3:00 p.m. and a high of 59. I'll have to take the polar fleece liner out of my coat, and may end up carrying my coat (really just a shell) part of the day. Yes, it really is late December in New York City.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home