Sunday, January 07, 2007

Trip to San Francisco

I've only been back from my big two week trip to New York City for a few days and already I'm starting to think about my next trip, possibly to San Francisco, maybe in March or mid-February. I still need another two or three months to finish paying for my NYC trip. If I do go to San Francisco, it will be if I can get a really cheap air fare and really cheap hotel rates.

President's Day weekend (Monday, February 19, 2007) would make a great four-day weekend, going out on Friday morning and returning Monday afternoon or evening. I would only need to use one vacation day for such a trip.

My tentative budget would be $225 for airfare and $90 per night for hotel for three nights, for a total of $495. That feels doable with my budget.

I am not committed to this tentative plan. If I do decide to go, I would buy the plane ticket a month in advance, which would be January 19.

The other trip out on my horizon would be to Washington, D.C. in the April or May timeframe, if the Shadow Open Market Committee resumes holding its semi-annual meeting on monetary policy.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home