Saturday, January 12, 2008

Will There Be Blood?

As I said last week, I had been looking forward to seeing There Will Be Blood, the new movie starring Daniel Day-Lewis, but since it still wasn't being widely shown here in the Bellevue, WA area and I was growing very annoyed with all the hype, I was considering boycotting the movie whenever it does eventually make it to a general release.

Well, now it has finally been widely released and now I can see it locally, but the question remains whether I want to stand on principle and fight all the hype and boycott the movie.

Well, it is only $7.50, so it is not a big deal financially, so I might temporarily set aside my concerns and principles and take a look at it. After all, I did see Michael Moore's movie and Al Gore's pseudo-documentary (and some random documentary having something to do with coffee), so this is not a complete compromise on principle.

But, unless the movie is really, really, really super-fantastic, I do reserve the right to criticize it after the fact. And when I say super-fantastic, I mean even besides the performance of Mr. Day-Lewis.

So, if this movie does not live up to its over-hyped expectations, then I can assure you that There Will Be (the blogging equivalent of) Blood in this space!

I'll probably catch the 1:00 p.m. showing at the Lincoln Square Cinema here in (rainy) downtown Bellevue, WA.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home